The absence of marketing automation is why many FMCGs have disjointed, inefficient marketing, and struggle to drive repeat sales. Marketing executives in the FMCG industry report that lack of automation is causing them to suffer from:
- Unengaged merchants: Without marketing automation, marketing teams cannot consistently communicate and engage with merchants. This lack of effective communication means marketing cannot deliver personalized messages to drive engagement, and miss opportunities to reward and incentivize merchants with promotions on the products they sell.
- Marketing inefficiencies: Lack of automation means marketers must spend extra time on routine tasks like monitoring marketing activities, or manually sending different types of communications. Thus, little time is spent on executing big ideas and strategies that can drive growth and increase revenue.
- Lack of sales and marketing alignment: The lack of alignment of marketing and sales teams is a problem in many FMCG companies. Data silos, unshared insights, and conflicting strategies are common, leading to disjointed marketing campaigns and wasted sales opportunities.
Accelerate your marketing by adopting automation
The FMCG industry is changing rapidly, and with the rise of digital, brands must build better relationships with their merchants and distributors while offering personalized experiences. Achieving this at scale is impossible via manual methods, which is why automation is crucial to remaining profitable.
According to Forbes, 63% of the companies outgrowing their competition use one or more automation tools, and 78% of high-performing marketers indicate that these tools have helped increase their revenue. Another study reported that B2B marketers also contributed to a staggering 44% of the sales pipeline by implementing marketing automation, which is a 10% increase over those who have not yet adopted this approach.
By adopting marketing automation, you can:
- Improve customer experience: Today’s customers want a personalized experience that manual marketing processes cannot provide. You can create and automate highly tailored and targeted campaigns based on merchant behavior, leading to increased ROI and brand loyalty.
- Increase average transaction value: Automated product recommendations are one of the best drivers of repeat sales, allowing you to upsell and cross-sell your products, increasing the average value of each transaction with merchants and distributors.
- Increase merchant lifetime value: By implementing automated, data-driven marketing strategies, you can increase revenue through merchants spending more during their interactions with your FMCG brand.
Automate to accelerate campaign precision
Automation accelerates your marketing with personalized messages that increases order velocity and frequency which directly leads to increased revenue for the brand. Ad Week published a study that shows personalized marketing campaigns can:
- Increase revenue by 5 – 15%
- Boost the efficiency of marketing spend by 10 – 30%
- Reduce customer acquisition costs by up to 50%
The question to you is: do you have the capability to target your merchants based on product consumption trends, stock levels, and product popularity? Can you run targeted, buyer-specific promotions based on granular data insights?
If the answer is no, then you need to accelerate your marketing with RedCloud.
Sell smarter with the world’s first open commerce platform
RedCloud is the world’s first open commerce platform that unlocks the full value of the distribution chain, transforming every interaction into an intelligent data collection point and connecting brands to their distributors, retailers, and merchants.
With built-in market intelligence, you have access to real-time, actionable insights that allow you to:
- Understand buyer and product consumption trends
- Target the right merchants with the right promotions
- Monitor marketing ROI and make changes in real-time as required
- Consistently communicate with and engage with your merchants
Want to learn more? Contact us today to discover how partnering with RedCloud can increase your sales by up to 25%*.
*Statistic based on research conducted by Oliver Wyman.